DMEA/Cooperative Scholarships Available
Three Touchstone Energy cooperatives – Delta-Montrose Electric Association (DMEA), Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, and Basin Electric Power Cooperative – are once again offering scholarships to local students.
Through DMEA's Unclaimed Capital Credits Fund, there are a number of $1,500 scholarships available to students including:
• One for a graduate from each of these schools: Cedaredge High School, Hotchkiss High School, Olathe High School and Paonia High School
• Two for graduates of Delta High School
• Three for graduates of Montrose High School
• One per county for non-traditional schools such as home school, VISION, VISTA, and charter schools
• One directly to Colorado Mesa University's Montrose Campus and two to the Delta-Montrose Technical College to be awarded according to their respective criteria
In addition, Tri-State and Basin Electric Power offer three additional scholarships for local students.
Students must be enrolled or planning to enroll full-time in a college, university or vocational/technical school. All schools must be accredited, and courses of study can be two or four-year programs.
Applicants must be citizens of the U.S. They must also reside in a home or facility that receives electricity from DMEA.
Application packets are available at all six high school guidance offices in Montrose and Delta Counties and at DMEA's Montrose office located at 11925 6300 Road. Applications may also be downloaded from the sidebar above.
Friday, February 1, 2013 is the deadline for scholarship applications to be turned in to high school guidance counselors and for applications from non-traditional schools or current college students to be returned to the DMEA Montrose office. Applications can also be returned by mail to: DMEA, Attn: Alex Shelley, PO Box 910, Montrose, CO 81402.
For additional information, or to request an application by mail, please contact Alex Shelley at 240-1207 or via e-mail at